GFC will be participating in a Habitat for Humanity home build, in which we are serving along with 7 other faith communities in Johnson City to provide a new home for a Johnson City family.
Ryan and Olivia Harrison
Location: Hamilton Street, Johnson City
- April 25-28 – Week 7 is GFC week! Wednesday-Saturday.
- June, TBD – Home dedication ceremony.
- 8-10 people each shift, 8 shifts available
- Shift times: 9:00am-12:00 Noon OR 12:30pm-4:00pm
If interested in any of these, please contact GFC using the form on this page.
- Lunch Volunteer - 1-2 people needed to assist with bringing/serving the lunch to the workers on site. BIG NEED is for Wednesday lunch. Also looking for a couple more helpers for Saturday.
- Prayer support – People to pray for our volunteers and for the homeowner family.
Volunteer skills: No prior building experience needed, all training provided. If anyone has a special skill that could be useful, that should be noted during registration (medical training, etc.).
Youth Policy: No volunteers under age 14. Ages 14-17 must have a signed waiver from guardian.
Donations: GFC will provide a gift to help with the cost of building supplies. GFC can also cover the cost of providing lunch to the workers. Individuals are welcome to contribute as well, to help off-set this cost. Please contact Lois at GFC if you have questions regarding this.
Habitat for Humanity provides: online registration, volunteer training, building materials & tools, and professional site supervision.
Homeowners provide: down payment, volunteer sweat equity on their home and another’s, participation in homeowner classes, and mortgage payments with 0% interest.
*If anyone is not able to sign up using the Habitat link provided above, please request manual registration using the form below, or by calling Mandy at 423-239-7689, ext. 0.