Description: The Center for Appalachian Studies and Services at ETSU invites applications for a full-time Executive Aide, to:
(1) Serve as aide to the Director of the Center, functioning as liaison for external and internal contacts;
(2) Serve as the first point of contact for visitors to the Center office, providing information and instructions as needed.
(3) Manage the Center office, training and supervising student workers and graduate assistants;
(4) Support administration of grants, providing financial policy, procedure, and protocol instructions to grant recipients; receiving and managing grant applications; closely monitoring budgets; providing information regarding availability of funds to the Center Director; maintaining and disseminating information about the grant processes; and maintaining websites for these programs;
(5) Support administration of Center budgets, monitoring expenses, providing needed reports, and apprising Director of budget matters;
(6) Manage the Center’s office supplies, inventories, equipment, and purchases;
(7) Organize information, perform data entry, track data, and compile reports using various databases;
(8) Process paperwork, including travel authorizations/claims, purchase orders, contracts, and similar documents;
(9) Arrange for conferences, meetings, and seminars, compiling packets, preparing publicity, arranging for food, facilities, and related activities;
(10) Schedule meetings, maintain calendars, and make travel arrangements;
(11) Maintain paper and electronic files containing personnel, financial, statistical, and other important records;
(12) Monitor and assist in maintenance of the Center websites.
Salary Range (optional): $11.35-$12.69 hourly
Instructions for submitting a resume / cover letter: Interested candidates may apply through the ETSU eJobs portal under Support Staff: https://jobs.etsu.edu/postings/9966
Date Posted: December 8, 2017
Description: Urban Strategies, LLC in seeking a Project Cost Accountant. The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Prepare and input journal entries to record transactions
• Subcontractor/Consultant payable accounts management
• Bank account reconciliations
• Payroll system management
• Maintain the financial management of contracts/grants in accordance with government regulations, e.g., 45 CFR Part 75 and Federal Acquisition Regulations
• Run contract/grant-related reports, prepare balance sheets, and assist in preparation and analysis of financial statements
• Assist program directors in preparation of annual contract/grant and program budgets
• Review contract/grant-related financial transactions, including salary allocations, prior to entry into accounting system
• Monitor time reporting allocations and prepare adjusting journal entries for changes and reclassifications.
• Project cash needs, draw funds, issue invoices to grantor agencies/funders, and monitor collection grant receivables
• Analyze data in accounting, payroll, and other systems to ensure accuracy and correct reporting under each contract/grant, including review of contract/grant expenses for compliance
• Conduct monthly budget reviews of grants to compare budget to actual, to assure all activities fall within funder and agency guidelines, and to ensure proper cutoff of expenses
• Interpret documents such as accounting statements, business correspondence, government regulations and procedure manuals
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Strong PC skills in MS Office, e.g., Excel
• Excellent written and verbal English skills are required; Spanish a plus
• Excellent interpersonal, planning, documentation, organization, and problem solving skills
• Multitasking abilities while still being detail oriented
• A friendly and welcoming demeanor
• A desire to learn
• Dependable and reliable
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting/Finance
• 3 years of experience in a bookkeeping, accounting, or accounting support role.
Contact: For more information on Urban Strategies, please visit our website at www.urbanstrategies.us. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date Posted: November 6, 2017
Description: 4 Him Construction is seeking a laborer/carpenter to assist lead man in a variety of construction projects from digging post holes to remodeling a kitchen, bathroom, etc. We perform a wide range of projects. Candidate must be able to accurately read a tape measure, follow direction, and be proactive in following a sequence of activities on a project. We are a growing company. Come grow with us.
Salary Range (optional):Based on experience and ability >$10/hr
Contact: Please email your information to email@example.com, to include experience and any tools and/or experience you have.
Date Posted: October 16, 2017
Description: Johnson City Kubota is seeking an experienced, motivated Equipment Sales Person to take advantage of a great sales opportunity in a growing business. We offer:
Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays, Profit Sharing, 401(k) Plan, Experience preferred, but training available.
Salary Range (optional): Base $25,000 plus Commission. Average earnings $40,000 to $50,000 a year. Top earners $50,000 to $60,000 a year.
Contact: Send resumes to the attention of Chuck Owens, firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: October 13, 2017
Description: Appalachian Technologies is seeking several assemblers for small parts. Must have good hand-eye coordination and dexterity. Flexible hours. Located in Elizabethton.
Salary Range (optional): $8/hour
Contact: To schedule an interview, call Betty Hill 423-791-3870.
Date Posted: October 9, 2017
Description: Growing CPA firm, Bragg Financial Solutions, seeking full-time accountant to join our team. CPA strongly preferred. Bachelor degree required. The job includes personal and business tax preparation as well as audit/review. Two years experience in tax and/or audit would be very beneficial. Please contact us to discuss further.
Salary Range (optional): Competitive based on qualifications
Contact: Qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Date Posted: October 9, 2017