“What would you do if Jesus Christ were to appear to you and stand behind you right now?” That’s the question G.K. Chesterton was asked not long after he became a believer. His answer? “HE IS.”
UNBELIEVABLE! The fact of the resurrection of Jesus Christ has huge implications for our lives and those around us at this very moment!
I hope you were able to join us this last weekend to celebrate! We even had a “flash mob” break out. All in all, we had 3,250 people in our four services. This is the largest group we have ever had for any “holiday” services at GFC. Thank you for praying and inviting. Pray for the growth of the seeds that were planted!
This Sunday, at 9:45 and 11:30, we begin a new series entitled Family Life in HD: Real Life. Real Hope. All of us are IN some kind of family of origin, and many HAVE families of our own in a variety of configurations. You know how real and difficult family life can be. Now find real hope for the journey. This new series could be just for you…and your family and friends!
Just a heads up - no big deal really. You will receive a newly formatted bulletin this Sunday, designed to better communicate and draw people into the life and ministry of GFC. It is being printed in color and will correspond to what people find on our website. The note taking space for the message is reduced, but we are making notebooks available in the Resource Center if you would like one. All of the Bible Study Guides will be uploaded and can be quickly accessed online at your convenience. Change can require adjustments, and I thank you in advance for giving this one some time.
P.S. Did you hear that our contributions to Operation Cooperation have totaled $85,000?! UNBELIEVABLE!
Grace and peace,
"Unbelievable" Mark 16:1-13
Is it possible to believe in the unbelievable? Well, in the case of the resurrection of Jesus, that is exactly what we are asked to do! Not only do the historical facts compel such faith, but also the need of the human heart desperately seeks what only the risen Christ can provide. So...
THINKING IT THROUGH
The resurrection could not have been maintained in Jerusalem for a single day, a single hour, if the emptiness of the tomb had not been an established fact.
The resurrection never becomes a fact of experience until the risen Christ lives in the heart of the believer.
If Christ has not been raised, you are still in your sins.
~1 Corinthians 15:17
The primary declaration of Christianity is not 'do this', but rather, 'this happened'.
WORKING IT OUT
1. What is the most immediate, practical reality that you are facing in which the resurrection of Jesus could be relevant? Why? How?
2. If you were to die today, do you know for sure you would go to heaven? If so, why? (If you need to discuss this question with someone, please send an email to Larry Stamm.)
"Real LIfe" Genesis 3:6-13, 15-19
Ok, hold on! Here we go into Family Life HD! Every one of us is a part of a family - whatever it may look like. What it looks like, especially in HD, is somewhat predictable. The Bible, especially Genesis 3, gives us a vivid picture of Real Life. Look carefully!
LOOKING IT UP
1. What “event” occurred in 3:6, and what had God said would happen if it did? (see 2:16-17)
2. Carefully note the immediate effects of their rebellion on themselves and their relationship with one another in 3:7? (see 2:25 regarding the essence nakedness)
3. How does their decision affect their relationship with God? (3:8-10)
4. What clear tendency do Adam and Eve now both possess? (3:11-13)
5. God now has a message, a proclamation, for the woman (v.16), and for the man (vs. 17-19). What does this seem to portend for the future of family life?
Posted on Mon, April 1, 2013
by Tom Oyler