The Pulse – December 27
It has been one of the most memorable and meaningful seasons in the life of GFC. This past weekend, 2,720 people were present for one of four Christmas Eve services! How wonderful to know that if we invite others to our church, they will have the opportunity to be touched by God through inviting music and worship, and clear and practical exposure to God’s Word! Thanks to all the volunteers who served!
As 2018 begins, so does our ALL IN generosity initiative. How exciting it has been to celebrate our God and our church, and to grow deeper as we contemplate our generosity. ALL IN is about many things, not the least of which is a fresh response to God and letting each other know that we are ALL IN regarding our church. January 14 is Response Sunday. If you have not already responded and would like to, please do so on or before January 14.
Here are a few practical clarifications as you ponder your response:
What will be done with my “response”?
- The total number of responses returned will be counted.
- The amounts will be totaled to help in financial planning.
- The numbers and the names are not connected in any way and are not recorded as such.
- Only the financial secretary will see your response.
Should I respond if I am not able to increase my giving?
- Absolutely. Responding reveals that you have given thought and prayer for your own spiritual journey with God and your relationship to GFC.
- Responding is an encouragement to everyone that we are ALL IN this together, regardless of our ability to give.
Will my giving be “tracked” in relationship to my response?
- No. There is no separate ‘tracking’ of ALL IN giving. Your giving record to GFC, as always, will be sent to you in confidential quarterly and annual reports.
- GFC will not connect your response to ALL IN with your actual giving. You will never be ‘reminded’ of any amounts indicated on your response card.
Grace and Peace,