April 23rd is World Book Day!
GFC Staff have created a list of their favorite books for believers, ministry leaders, volunteers, and those interested in self-development.
- A Tale of Three Kings: a Study in Brokenness by Gene Edwards
- The Voice of the Heart: a Call to Full Living by Chip Dodd
- Lead: 12 Gospel Principles for Leadership in the Church by Paul David Tripp
- New Morning Mercies: a Daily Gospel Devotional by Paul David Trip
- Improv Leadership: How to Lead Well in Every Moment by Stan Endicott & David Miller
“The Master Plan of Evangelism by Robert E. Coleman. It is a great look at the example of Jesus’ personal ministry, and the call of the Great Commission.” – Tara Roberson
- Lord, I Want To Know You: A Devotional Study on the Names of God by Kay Arthur
- The Connected Child: Bring Hope and Healing to Your Adoptive Family by Karen Purvis
- Ruthless Elimination of Hurry: How to Stay Emotionally Healthy and Spiritually Alive in the Chaos of the Modern World by John Mark Comer
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Pete Scazzero *This was recommended by multiple staff members!*
- Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership: Seeking God in the Crucible of Ministry by Ruth Haley Barton
- Gospel Deeps: Reveling in the Excellencies of Jesus by Jared Wilson
The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile is a valuable resource and tool we use as a team at GFC! It is extremely helpful in both personal and professional development.
- Speaking to Teenagers: How to Think About, Create, and Deliver Effective Messages by Duffy Robbins and Doug Fields
- The Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni
- Mere Christianity by CS Lewis
“For Leadership – The Emotionally Healthy Leader by Pete Scazzero.
For Spiritual Growth – Out of Solitude by Henri Nouwen.
For Walking Through Suffering – The Gospel According to Job by Mike Mason” – Matt Murphy
- Decision Making and Will of God by Gray Friesen
- Crucial Conversations by Joseph Grenny, Kerry Patterson, and Ron McMillan
- The Speed of Trust by Stephen Covey
- Heart of the Artist: A Character-Building Guide for You and Your Ministry Team by Rory Noland
- Worship Matters by Bob Kauflin
“We went through a book before a mission trip – When Helping Hurts by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert – — really good perspective on how to minister to those in need, without causing harm.” – Stephen Mann
We would love your reading recommendations, and let us know your thoughts if you check out any of the books above.